Week 11 Reading: Krishna Epified

 For this week, I decided to watch the Epified version of Krishna. I watched the Epified version of the Mahabharata last week, and I really enjoyed it, so I decided to learn this way again. It is much easier for me to understand, and I took notes as I watched the videos so I wouldn't forget to add anything. 

  • I liked Krishna's origin story, and how he seemed to be liked by everyone as he always became king. Krishna seems like a very interesting character and I am looking forward to learning more.
  • Kansa killed his sons in such a dramatic way-- killing them against a wall. 
  • It was interesting that Kansa knew that the baby born was going to be his slayer.
  • The imagery of the serpent and the river protecting Vasudev and the baby was really interesting and showed the elements, as well as animals and humans coming together. 
  • I don't like that the king laughed whenever he laughed at the girl as if she couldn't kill him as a human. I am writing about Durga in my project, so it is interesting to see her story told in Krishna. This sort of reminds me of Beauty and the Beast, whenever the old lady turns out to be the powerful witch. 
  • I thought it was fascinating that Krishna could thrive off of the life forms of others. 
  • Krishna is so powerful even as a child, but I think it's funny that everyone just sees him as a troublesome child. 
  • I really liked the imagery of Yashoda seeing the entire universe in Krishna, I really liked envisioning that. 
  • Krishna is a really cool character, and I think that this is my favorite story that I have read so far. 



Krisha Epified from Source.

Comments

Popular Posts