Week 8: Reading and Writing

Overall, I really like the way that this class is laid out. I wasn't sure what to expect from the blog post-set-up, but I am really enjoying it so far. Being able to do the class this way has definitely helped me learn more, as I am more focused on the information, rather than just getting the assignments completed. 

I am happy with my blog site and really like that way that it has turned out so far. I have never had a blog before, but I am enjoying posting on it and am now considering making one for myself in the future. I am passionate about reading and writing, so this class has been one of the most enjoyable that I've taken at OU thus far. As someone who loves fictional writing, it's refreshing to be able to make my own stories, rather than constantly writing academic papers. 

The project has been going pretty well for me, and I am excited about it. I decided to do the story since I enjoy writing so much, and I found a topic that I felt I could add to for each post. I consider the story to be one of my biggest accomplishments in the class at this point, and I am really happy with the way that it turned out. I also have toggled with my site a bit, and have been making a few changes every week, but I think I like the way it is right now. 

Overall, my favorite story has been the Ramayana. I really enjoyed this one because while there was so much in the plot, I felt like it was more focused on the characters. I enjoy reading about characters the most because if I don't like any of the characters, I am more likely to get bored while reading the story. I am happy with the way that my reading notes have turned out, as I have been able to go back and look at them for inspiration on my assignments. I can't think of anything that I would change moving forward, but I am really enjoying this class so far!

Lastly, I decided to choose this image, because Sita was one of my favorite characters from the Ramayana. I thought that she deserved better throughout the story, and I focused a lot of my reading notes on her. This was one of my favorite images that I found. 

Sita in Exile

Comments

Popular Posts