Storybook Project Plan


The main idea that I would like to explore for my stories is something with Kali as a demon slayer, but have it be more modern. I think I would also overlap some of the other forms that Kali is, such as Durga. One of my favorite stories that I read about was the one where they decide to slay the demon Raktabija. I think the story that I would like to get across is on where Kali is not as menacing as she may seem, but more of a hero figure. I know that in lots of stories, she is seen as more frightening because she is so powerful, so I want to do a spin on that so the reader will see her in a different light. Additionally, I like modern retellings, so I might do something in today's society, but I also might consider doing something in the previous century, as I am very interested in that time period. I think I will do a story that connects and flows, as that is easier for me to do, and while I don't really have any specific stories that I would copy, I think that I would use different aspects from the stories that I linked in my original project post for Raktabija, Durga, and Parvati. I am struggling a bit to find some specific stories that have her included, rather than just website pages that summarize some stories. These will be linked below. Additionally, the storyteller will be Kali, but I am planning on doing it all from a third person point of view, as I find that the easiest to write. 

Links to websites: 

- Parvati

Durga 

- Raktabija 

Comments

Popular Posts