Feedback Thoughts for Creative Perfectionists

The first article that I read was called Eleven Signs That You Are a Perfectionist. I decided to read this article because I have always considered myself to be a perfectionist, and it is something that I have wanted to work on for a long time. The article also had a second part to it that was about overcoming perfectionism, so I decided to read that one as well for helpful tips on how to improve them. Trying to be perfect when it comes to schoolwork has caused me a lot of anxiety, and this tips were very beneficial. Some of my favorite tips that it offered was try to practice healthy perfectionism and remove self-blame. Another tip was to point out all of the good things that you are doing in your work, rather than getting trapped in the mindset that everything has to be perfect. It will be difficult for me to completely alter my thinking, but I would love to read more about this topic. 

The second article that I read was called Neil Gaiman's Advice on the Creative Life. I decided to read this one because I sometimes have trouble balancing my school work with all of the creative things that I want to do. Some of my favorite tips that he offered was to make art on both good and bad days, and also to not be afraid of making mistakes. That is one of my biggest issues, even though I know that it's better to make mistakes so that you can get feedback. I think that making art is good advice too, because so often, especially if you're making it for yourself, art can be anything. There isn't really any bad way to make it, so making art can be a stress reliever. All of the above are good tips that I would like to put to action in my daily life, to help me become better at getting feedback. 

 


Comments

  1. Hi Rylie,
    I totally agree with you about the problem with extreme perfectionism; I think it's important to recognize when you are being too hard on yourself when you really should appreciate how far you have come. I find that when I think more optimistically about my mistakes, I enjoy the process of learning more and better appreciate my strengths. Staying optimistic is key!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular Posts