Week 2 Reading Overview

The version of Ramayana that I have chosen to read is the Public Domain Edition. I have chosen to read this one because it is free online, and is easily accessible to wherever I go. I also like that there are lots of illustrations and notes, as that can help if I ever get confused during the reading and need something to help me with context or following along. Additionally, I like that there is an audio recording, as listening to an audio while reading helps me focus and sort of reinforces the words I'm reading. 


The first video that I was interested in was called Kali Through Many Eyes. I was interested in this video because I've heard about Kali before in the past, and seen her in a few movies and shows that I've watched. I don't know a lot about her, but I've always thought the artwork of her was very intriguing. I would like to read and learn more about her in the future, as I love learning about all the Gods and Goddess of different religions and mythologies. 

The second video that I was interested in was called Harry Potter Meets Hindu Mythology. I am a big fan of Harry Potter, so I think it would be so fascinating to look into the similarities between these two things. I know that Harry Potter pulls from a lot of historical events and mythologies in a subtle way. I also considered looking into the video that shows parallels between Greek and Hindu mythology, as I have always loved Greek mythology and know a lot about it. 

The first comic that I was interested in looking at was called Shiva Parvati. This story looked interesting because of the cover. I read a little bit more of the summary and thought it was intriguing how Parvati tries to win the love of another. I think this would be fun to look into in more detail, as it deals with so many different themes, and she is reborn into another person. 

The last comic that I was interested in was Mahiravana. I also really liked the cover of this one and wanted to read a bit more about it, but I was really fascinated that it talked about him being the king of the netherworld, as well as a magician. Mythology and magic are really fascinating to me, so I might read more about this in further detail. 


Comments

Popular Posts